If you are…
- a crown ward, biological or adopted child of foster parents with the Children’s Aid Society of Toronto
- a high school student who has successfully completed Grade 9 Math or Science (or equivalent)
- looking for community service hours, plus improving your own math/science marks
- able to have access to a stable internet connection and a computer that can run Skype and other software
- interested in helping others succeed
Speak to your family’s worker or send an email to knelson (at) fosterlearning.ca with any questions.
More about the job:
- Under the direction of a Lead Teacher, you will provide math tutoring to one or two students in Grade 6 to 8.
- The tutoring begins with a unit on Fractions, then moves on to an online workbook at the student’s grade level.
- All tutoring is arranged and provided online, through software such as Skype and Scribblar. It is expected that you will work from home.
- You do not need to be a math whiz! A significant piece of this program is teaching students what to do when you don’t know how to answer a question. We provide extensive training to help you with every aspect of the program.
Please feel free to leave a comment with any questions you might have.